It seems that there’s a new high-rise development in the news every other day. The latest is a new commercial high-rise which will be the city’s fifth tallest building located next to the Columbia Tower. Architects Zimmer Gunsul Frasca Partnership have designed a asymmetrical skyscraper next to the historic First United Methodist Church and developed by the same company who saved the church last year. The tower will stand 660′ with an emphasis on complimenting it’s neighboring structures by it’s transparent or reflective design (depending on the weather).
- Public courtyard between skyscraper and sanctuary.
- Sculpture and water feature within courtyard.
- “Living wall” on Columbia Street (living plants grown in facade).
- Solar-energy equipment on roof.
- System to capture rainwater for reuse.