1900 First Avenue Hotel and Condominiums, or Apartments?
Olson Sundberg Kundig Allen Architects have recently filed an application for 70+ new downtown area residentail homes to be constructed on the corner of 1st Avenue and Stewart Street.
Lead architects Tom Kundig and Kirsten have posted the project’s details on their website, which refers to the residential portion as apartments. However, as noted in the name of the project, it seems as though these will be condos. The Department of Planning and Development website states that the 11-story structure will feature 75 residential units, 110 hotel rooms, over 12,000 square feet of retail space, and below grade parking for 325 vehicles.
- Residential units with views to courtyard and Elliott Bay.
- Lower height to the West to provide views, light, and air to courtyard.
- Interior courtyard with retail entrances, Hotel lobby, and valet entry.
- Courtyard opening to First Avenue.
- Courtyard open to Southern and Western sun.
- Link to Inn at the Market.
- Prominent view axis from First Avenue.
- Roof gardens.
- Residential units.
- Auto and service access.
- Retail and public.
- Pedestrian Access.
We’re just interested to know if the residential portion is going to be condos, or apartments?